[Mailman-Developers] Re: GET vs POST (was Re: subscription confirmations)

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui@plaidworks.com
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 10:47:22 -0700

On 7/18/01 8:42 AM, "Jay R. Ashworth" <jra@baylink.com> wrote:

> I'm afraid there *are* *lots* of people on the internet for whom
> "stupid" is not an epithet, but merely descriptive.  They really are.

Stupid people exist. I'm not claiming that's not true. I'm claiming that
many of the people we write off as stupid aren't. They simply aren't US.

No matter WHAT you do, the stupid people will still be stupid. But we far
too often use "they're stupid" as an excuse to not do our job and make it
easy for people who simply don't live, eat and breathe computers.

But Jay's right. No matter how easy you make it, some people will still
screw it up. But that's no excuse to not make it easy.

[<chuqui@plaidworks.com> = <me@chuqui.com> = <chuq@apple.com>]

I recommend the handyman's secret weapon: duct tape.