[Mailman-Developers] Re: GET vs POST (was Re: subscription confirmations)

J C Lawrence claw@2wire.com
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 22:02:40 -0700

On Thu, 19 Jul 2001 00:41:20 -0400
Jay R Ashworth <jra@baylink.com> wrote:

> My apologies that this is ugly; I'll try to clarify all my
> assertions here to avoid wasting bandwidth.

Using an MUA/editor which handled quote line wrapping properly would
have helped quite a bit.  Suggest SuperCite.  If you're one of those
desperate vim users per recent SVLUG traffic VIM has a
mode/macro/tool/something to properly handling quote wrapping.

> Perhaps I'm mistaken, and a POST *can* be called with a ?
> parameter, but in general, if you see a ?, the call will be the
> default GET, and if the page is sending parameters as a POST, then
> they'll be sent "out of band" to the URL, and the method will be
> POST instead of GET.

Nope.  Do a packet sniff and watch.  Its still a GET, its just that
most systems will read variables off the URL as if they had been
POSTed

--
J C Lawrence                                    )\._.,--....,'``.