[Mailman-Developers] Re: mm-handler

David Champion dgc@uchicago.edu
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 00:47:10 -0500

On 2001.07.26, in <5.1.0.14.2.20010726013750.05f5d040@lennier.cc.vt.edu>,
	"Ron Jarrell" <jarrell@vt.edu> wrote:

> Hey, Barry, while you're checking things in, how about committing
> contrib/mm-handler, which isn't actually in the repository, despite what
> README.SENDMAIL says.

Urgh. This is my fault. I've been ignoring Barry's reminder that I've
been supposed to contrib this for the last 4 months, because I'm on
vacation this week. :)

> BTW, although I haven't tried it yet, I'm still sure you're missing
> something in those instructions. Just defining a mailer isn't going to
> do anything unless there's a rule somewhere, like in the mailertab, that
> defines a particular pattern that causes it to *use* said mail. Sendmail
> often operates by black magic, but this is blacker than most.

Yes, the instructions are a bit out of date.

You can find an only-marginally-outdated version of mm-handler in the
mailman-developers archive; the full directions on how to make it go are
what's mainly missing here.

I'll try to put those together RSN.

--
 -D.	dgc@uchicago.edu	NSIT	University of Chicago