[Mailman-Developers] Skinning Mailman (how to add a customer UI in five minutes or

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui@plaidworks.com
Thu, 31 May 2001 22:20:01 -0700

On Thursday, May 31, 2001, at 09:46 PM, Dave Klingler wrote:

> This would be very cool.  My favorite implementation of virtual domains
> is Apache's, and it strikes me that adding the <virtualhost domain>
> directive might be an easy and intuitive way of accomplishing virtual
> domain
> directives now that you have overridable colors in mm_cfg.py.

The downside is that you have a single point of administration. In an
ISP environment, it'd be nice to export that administration to the owner
of the domain, so you don't have a support guy going crazy with "can you
make this change?" requests.

But you could deal with that by extending it to allow included files>

<virtualhost domain>
<include /page/to/file>
</virtualhost>

so you have the option of handing it off. But that gets you into issues
of whether those users can screw things up for everyone else with
typoes, etc. It'd be nice if an included file has a typo that it only
destroy the current virthost...

[<chuqui@plaidworks.com> = <me@chuqui.com> = <chuq@apple.com>]

Always look away from the obvious answers, because if you don't find
a better one, you can always go back to them on short notice.