[Mailman-Developers] why no user disable of the monthly reminder?

Jay R. Ashworth jra@baylink.com
Sun, 3 Jun 2001 10:27:10 -0400

On Sun, Jun 03, 2001 at 07:22:36AM -0700, Chuq Von Rospach wrote:
> potential problems. What I'd *really* like, if we must do this on a
> site-wide basis is to run mailpasswd every night, and tell it, say, to
> send out 5,000 per night, and keep track of where it left off. Having to
> run it manually because on a site as big as this one it has to happen on
> a weekend kinda bites.

Hey, Chuq?

I asked this before, but I don't remember you weighing in, and I
suspect you might have something useful to say...

I'm trying to get Mailman to behave itself as a *broadcast* list
manager (rather than for discussion), and I need to throttle the
*actual mail* that way (x thousand per day).

Where might be the best place to put something like that?

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff     Baylink

   OS/X: Because making Unix user-friendly was easier than debugging Windows