[Mailman-Developers] adding anonymity features?

Yanuar Nugroho yanuar-n@unisosdem.org
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 11:41:14 +0100

Hi there!

A short introduction: I am a MSc student in Information Systems Engineering
at UMIST, Manchester, UK, who is now doing my dissertation on applying
anonymity in mailing list communication to examine the communication
behaviour among participants.

The idea is basically hiding the identity of the sender so that the
communication will be based on what is being communicated and not who is
communicating in the group. The possible usage in the future might range
from decision making within organisation (or network/group) to conflict
resolution.

I am interested in Mailman (GNU milist mgt system) to be developed or
equipped with anonymity features. Is it possible to add "anonym feature" in
Mailman? Can you give me a clue from where should I start? I have with me
now the source-code of Mailman (written in Python) together with its
documentation.

Cheers,
Yanuar
ps. I am an NGO activist in Indonesia, where the possible advantageous usage
of this feature might be huge among many NGO/non-governmental/non-commercial
group that exist.

Yanuar Nugroho
http://yanuar-nugroho.mainpage.net
http://www.yanuar-n.net
PG. Stud. MSc. Information Systems Engineering,
Dept. of Computation, UMIST, Manchester - UK