[Mailman-Developers] Two versions on the same host

Barry A. Warsaw barry@digicool.com
Fri, 22 Jun 2001 11:26:40 -0400

    VS> Mailman in the new directory working almost perfectly, but
    VS> when I click to a link the url would be like this (eg. in the
    VS> listinfo page): http://tatooin.sol.vein.hu/mailman/admin But
    VS> it have to be like this for the proper working:
    VS> http://tatooin.sol.vein.hu/mailman2/admin

    TW> Try editing 'DEFAULT_URL' in Mailman/Defaults.py.

Oh Thomas, you're so close you should be able to smell it! :)

Changing DEFAULT_URL in mm_cfg.py fixes the problem for any new lists
you create, but won't fix it for lists you created before changing
that variable.  Once a list is created, that variable is stuffed into
the MailList object's m.web_page_url attribute.  (Note that
m.host_name comes from DEFAULT_HOST_NAME which might also have to be
changed.)

To fix this, run bin/withlist like so:

% python -i bin/withlist -l mylist
>>> m.web_page_url