[Mailman-Developers] Mailman queue design problem?

Jay R. Ashworth jra@baylink.com
Fri, 22 Jun 2001 17:02:57 -0400

On Fri, Jun 22, 2001 at 12:02:29PM -0400, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:
>     JRA> With just a little caution on locking, that's going to make
>     JRA> my rate limit throttling stuff much easier to implement,
>     JRA> isn't it?
>
> I believe so, but I can think of one refinement that would help you.
> The Runner base class calls _doperiodic() after each file is
> processed.  In here you could do the rate limit calculation, but
> currently there's no protocol for _doperiodic() to tell the for loop
> in __oneloop() to break out early.  I think I can easily add one.

It would be oh, so nice if I could get *you* to write this code instead
of me having to do it.  :-)

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff     Baylink

   OS X: Because making Unix user-friendly was easier than debugging Windows