[Mailman-Developers] 2.0.5 and python 2.1?

Ron Jarrell jarrell@vt.edu
Tue, 26 Jun 2001 10:49:13 -0400

At 10:36 AM 6/26/01 -0400, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

>    RJ> I thought 2.0.5 was safe under python 2.1?  I just copied my
>    RJ> mailman installation over to a new machine, which had 2.1
>    RJ> installed on it.  Most stuff works, although cron is giving me
>    RJ> a slew of warnings about deprecated things and syntax
>    RJ> warnings.  But admin passwords are failing entirely.. I'm
>    RJ> getting:
>
>Be sure you re-run configure; make install and that Python 2.1 is
>first on your path, or that you use --with-python.  I run MM2.0.5
>under Py2.1 so I know it works.

Downloaded a clean 2.0.5 tarball, did the configure, make, make install.
*Then* complained that it still wasn't working :-).

There's only ever *been* one python on this machine, and that's the
2.1.   Perms are all correct.