[Mailman-Developers] qrunner just keeps going and going

Barry A. Warsaw barry@digicool.com
Thu, 1 Mar 2001 15:36:08 -0500

    CR> I've got the latest setup on system and one of the problems
    CR> I'm having is that qrunner (as per cron) runs every minute
    CR> however each instance stays alive (spawning several other
    CR> instances like IncomingRunner, OutgoingRunner, etc. so every
    CR> minute I have eight (1 crond, 1 qrunner and 1 each of the six
    CR> different runners) process start and sit on my machine doing
    CR> nothing.

    CR> This doesn't seem it is supposed to work this way. According
    CR> to qrunner it says it runs and makes sure they different
    CR> runners are doing their jobs. If this is the case then
    CR> shouldn't qrunner detect if an instance of it is already
    CR> running and abort or perhaps it should be started from init???

Remember, you're running very very green code.  I haven't even
released it as an alpha yet!  I do appreciate the feedback though.

Eventually, I envison qrunner running from init, but in the spirit of
backwards compatibility, I think the master qrunner should drop a lock
file and subsequent invocations should exit if they cannot acquire the
lock.

    CR> Any enlightenment someone could shed would be great.

Watch for a checkin shortly.
-Barry