[Mailman-Developers] (no subject)

Barry A. Warsaw barry@digicool.com
Fri, 2 Mar 2001 12:00:02 -0500

    P>  I'm having an issue with 2.0.1 and news gatewaying.

    P>  It works fine, importing usenet news into e-mail and sending
    P> it out, however /tmp is filling up with:

    P>  389120 Feb 27 20:46 filew5MNZN

    P>  There are literally hundreds of these files and almost all of
    P> then are that same size.  Does anyone know why this is
    P> ocurring?  When I check the files each one is the same (I use
    P> diff) and they all seem to contain every post from each
    P> newsgroup I'm gatewaying.

Hmm, I see none of these on mail.python.org which gates
comp.lang.python and comp.lang.python.announce (in both directions).
Python's nntplib doesn't appear to create any temp files, so I don't
think it's coming from there, and I'm /sure/ Mailman doesn't create
any temp files.

Is your usenet software on the same machine as Mailman?  Could those
files be created by your news s/w?  Who is the user and group owner of
those files?

-Barry