[Mailman-Developers] Incorrect Headers

Teo de Hesselle teo.dehesselle@uts.edu.au
Tue, 06 Mar 2001 10:31:54 +1100

It seems that for one of my lists' monthly password reminders, mailman
is putting incorrect headers in, making it appear that the reminder is
coming from a different list.

The list whom this user is subscribed to is called 'researchnet',
whereas the headers are claiming that it is coming from the 'bacc' list.
This is interfering with mailman's bounce detection, and as a result the
bacc admin is receiving all these messages, and is understandably not
impressed.

I am including the relevant sections below. Has anyone experienced this
before? (or should this be addressed to the develepers' list?). Thank
you for any help.

>Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 05:42:46 +1100 (EST)
>From: mailman-owner@listserv.uts.edu.au
>To: r.wiltshire@uts.edu.au
>Sender: bacc-admin@listserv.uts.edu.au
>
>This is a reminder, sent out once a month, about your
>listserv.uts.edu.au mailing list memberships.  It includes your

 [snip]

>If you have questions, problems, comments, etc, send them to
>mailman-owner@listserv.uts.edu.au.  Thanks!
>
>Passwords for r.wiltshire@uts.edu.au:
>
>List                                     Password // URL
>researchnet@listserv.uts.edu.au          xxxxxx
>http://listserv.uts.edu.au/mailman/options/researchnet/r.wiltshire%40uts=
=2Eed =

>u.au