[Mailman-Developers] mailman and qmail-inject

Jason R. Mastaler jason-dated-a0d01c8ed1915165@mastaler.com
8 Mar 2001 20:37:06 -0000

Greetings,

I've been looking to move my lists over to Mailman, but I run qmail
and understand there are some "issues" with this combination.

If I'm not mistaken, mailman injects outgoing messages via SMTP on
localhost.  This method is problematic on qmail systems, because it
circumvents `qmail-inject' which is responsible for adding appropriate
information to the message header before it gets sent to the outgoing
queue.  The end result is that Mailman messages sent from a qmail
server lack certain important headers such as "Date:" and
"Message-ID:".

Has anyone addressed or made plans to address this issue?

My 'jason-dated-*' e-mail address is valid, but expirable.
It will expire in 7 day(s) from the date of this message.
For more information see <http://jason.mastaler.com/tms/>.