[Mailman-Developers] mailman and the web

Jerry Asher jerry@hollyjerry.org
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 09:23:28 -0800

Chris,

Sounds good, I'll be looking for your draft later on.

>         I'm hoping to get the interface squared away soon at which point any
>help would be wonderful for the conversion of mailman to use the
>interface and the development of any datasources that people would wish
>Mailman to use.

I'll be happy to help as I can, I can certainly help in the end step, step
4, by testing/converting the ACS to use your interface.

When you write,
>Phase 3:        Develop Php front-end for Archives/Admin utils

That makes me curious.  I know Tcl (and C, LISP, etc.) but not Python or
PHP.  One reason for undertaking this project was to give me something
"real" to focus on while learning Python.  My understanding was that Python
and PHP are somewhat competing technologies.  Mailman is a Python tool
right?  What makes you choose Php for front-end development?

Thanks,

Jerry