[Mailman-Developers] sending mail has wrong domain

Clifton Grimm ckgrimm@qx.net
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 21:20:40 -0500

Hello all -

I have tried to do everything I can think of to fix this one, so I throw it
out to you all...

I have a machine running RH7 and sendmail (default install). I have 2
domain names assoc. with the box:
let's say:
foo.com and bar.com

foo.com is the hostname I used to setup the box - and there are users with
email accounts on foo.com that can use the system no problem, POP and
locally - all mail is delivered fine, and all headers are correct.

bar.com is a virtual host - the machine responds to it, apache is setup to
listen to it, and sendmail responds just fine as well. I have a list on
bar.com, setup in its own directory, and the list@bar.com list delivers
mail to its recipients with no problem.

BUT: list@bar.com sends mail that has headers saying the sender is
list-admin@foo.com. If an admin request goes thru, the from is
list-request@foo.com. If I look into the headers, I see that the sendmail
requests were initiated by mailman (which is correct) but at foo.com, not
at bar.com. I think this may have something to do with those headers
getting written incorrectly.

I had a VERY similar setup on a RH6 system (actually the same box before
the catastrophic HD crash) and it delivered mail with no incorrect headers.
I just can't seem to remember what was different about my setup.

In summation: 2 domains, list mail gets delivered as wrong domain sender -
right user alias, wrong domain.

Hmmm.

Help?

Thanks in advance.