[Mailman-Developers] Administrivia: Move to EZMLM

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui@plaidworks.com
Sun, 13 May 2001 23:52:22 -0700

On 5/13/01 11:21 PM, "J C Lawrence" <claw@kanga.nu> wrote:

> While obviously not the driving forces, the
> comments about Precedence: and Sender: headers caught me by
> surprise.
> Aside from the speed benefits of ezmlm, messages now include a
> Precedence header which should cut down on the number of out-of-office
> and similar messages people that post to the list get.

Very true. Precedence: bulk or Precedence: junk helps a lot. Sendmail's
vacation program is smart enough to not respond to stuff so flagged. Not
everyone does (sigh), but I've tested this, and there's a big improvement.

> This is a feature
> L-Soft refused to provide.

(boggle)

> People that send messages with strange Sender headers should have
> no more problems either. Another quirk of LISTSERV L-Soft did not
> believe to be a problem.

The implication being if I insert a Sender line, under some cases LISTSERV
does something weird to it? Shouldn't a MLM override this and replace it
with the MLM's?