[Mailman-Developers] Re: [Mailman-i18n] can't decode in web using mailman.

Tokio Kikuchi tkikuchi@is.kochi-u.ac.jp
Sat, 19 May 2001 23:10:06 +0900

> bakyh@etri.re.kr wrote:
>
> I'm a korean.
>
> I installed a mailman to Linux 2.2.18.
>
> I succeed in sending and receiving msg, but in web failed.
>
> In web, I can't read msg in Korean.

Hi, I am a japanese.

What is the default charset for Korean language.
If the charset is other than EUC-KR, then the double-byte code
may contain special characters like <,>,&.
Japanese mail message is encoded with ISO-2022-JP while the Web
pages and internal language data are best treated in EUC-JP.
I made short scripts to convert the messages between ISO-2022-JP
and EUC-JP and put them in Mailman/Handlers.

You may want to browse the scripts, to_euc.py and to_jis.py,
which are included in Japanese Mailman at
http://mm.tkikuchi.net/mailman-2.0.5+J1.20010514.tar.gz
Please check Mailman/Handlers/HandlerAPI.py how to invoke them.

Regards,

Tokio Kikuchi