[Mailman-Developers] disabling feature question

Bradford Shaw listmgr@perilpoint.com
Sun, 20 May 2001 14:19:51 -0500

Hello everyone,

I am new to this list. I am the Mailing List Administrator for our company.
I am impressed with the quality of the Mailman program and look forward to
running the program. We just installed it for our list hosting (mainly to
replace Majordomo to give our customers a web-based program for their
lists). I have a question that I am not able to find answers for in the
archives and am hoping that you can direct me to where I can find the answer.

Simply, we need to remove the "Edit the HTML for the public list pages"
under the 'Other Administrative Activities' on the General Options page.
Our take on this is that once we have the list set up for our customer, we
don't want them messing with the html. First, because we want our logo to
stay on the list pages and, second, because many of our customers are not
proficient in html and a minor slip could render the output unreadable. So
can you direct me to where I can get this item removed?

Well, I said a couple questions but I'll hold off on the others. I need an
answer to the above question right away as I am not comfortable going
public with this until I can disable that feature.

I appreciate your help and I hope that I can reciprocate in the near future.

Best wishes,
Bradford "Biff" Shaw
List Administrator
PerilPoint Communications Inc.