[Mailman-Developers] Mailman install from CVS bug

Juan Carlos Rey Anaya jcrey@uma.es
Tue, 22 May 2001 09:02:37 +0200

I have been experiencing a bug when I have tried to install mailman from
CVS:

When I execute './configure':
[snip]
creating Mailman/Queue/Makefile
creating Mailman/MTA/Makefile
sed: can't read ./Mailman/MTA/Makefile.in: No such file or directory
creating templates/Makefile
creating cron/Makefile
creating filters/Makefile
creating scripts/Makefile
creating messages/Makefile
sed: can't read ./messages/Makefile.in: No such file or directory
creating cron/crontab.in
creating Makefile

and then when I execute 'make install'
[snip]
make[2]: Entering directory `/tmp/mailman/Mailman/MTA'
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `install'.  Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/mailman/Mailman/MTA'
make[1]: *** [install] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/mailman/Mailman'
[snip]

I have noticed this for some weeks but I have not paid much attention.
Has anybody experienced this too?

Cheers
--=20
                          ___
                         / F \
                        [[[]]]]
                        ( O O )
   |    Juan Carlos Rey Anaya (jcrey@uma.es)      |
   |      Servicio Central de inform=E1tica         |
   |       Universidad de M=E1laga - Espa=F1a         |