[Mailman-Developers] Re: [Mailman-checkins] CVS: mailman/messages Makefile.in,2.1,2.2

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Wed, 30 May 2001 00:00:34 +0200

On Tue, May 29, 2001 at 02:54:35PM -0400, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

> I see there was a redundant definition of the .po->.mo file
> transformation.  I'll bet BSDmake was picking up the broken .po.mo
> entry and GNUmake was picking up the full rule down below.

That's exactly what happened. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw BSD make
and GNU make attach the exact opposite meaning to $@ and $<, but I didn't
think to search for redundant definitions ! I think $< is still a
GNU-makeism, but I can live with requiring GNU make for building catalogs
just fine.

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>