[Mailman-Developers] My "fix" for the bounce error

Bob Puff@NLE bob@nleaudio.com
Sun, 04 Nov 2001 03:47:17 -0500

Here's what I came up with, after reading both the messages on sourceforge and looking at the code:

def process(msg):
    if string.lower(msg.gettype()) <> 'multipart/report':
        # then
        return None
    if msg.getparam('report-type') == None:
        # then
        return None
    if string.lower(msg.getparam('report-type')) <> 'delivery-status':
        # then
        return None
    boundary = msg.getparam('boundary')
    msg.fp.seek(0)

(This is in /Mailman/Bouncers/DSN.py)

This keeps the message from clogging up Mailman, but it still doesn't handle the bounce properly.

I've been getting HUNDREDS of bounces in my mailbox from this one list... Barry, are there any updates available for 2.0.6 to fix this?

Bob