[Mailman-Developers] Problem with lockfiles and time in the future

brandon@roguetrader.com brandon@roguetrader.com
Mon, 12 Nov 2001 15:12:48 -0700

I am having a very odd situation with lock files.  My entire mailman
system suddenly stopped working a few days ago, and I have tracked it
down to the lockfiles.  In the logs, nothing is able to get a lock.
What I have noticed is the timestamp on the lock file is exactly 10
hours in the future from the current time, when it tried to get the
lock.  This is not a problem with cron or the OS time setting, as I
setup another job in cron exactly like qrunner but through bourne
shell, and it reports time properly, so something from python on down
is causing it to do this oddly.  Does anybody have any idea what this
could be?  Where I can start digging?  I am running mailman 2.0.6 on
Solaris 8, x86.

-Brandon Gillespie

(BTW, please CC me on any response as I am not on the mailing list)