[Mailman-Developers] questions about gate_news

Jonas Meurer jmeurer@gmx.de
Mon, 26 Nov 2001 17:37:25 +0100

On Mon, Nov 26, 2001 at 12:16:14PM -0500, Scott Russell wrote:
> I'm not sure if this is a true bug or not but I wanted to report that
> gate_news in 2.0.7 works for me. (tm) In my case the innd server is located
> on the same box as the smtp server so there is no delays in handling
> connections between mailman and the inn server.

I think the problem is that no newsserver really allows all connects allways.
With this problem gate_news can't handle.

> I'm not sure I see the point of using an external C program as part of the
> Mailman package. If you're going to do that why not just disable the Mailman
> gate_news functions and use one of the many available mail2news/news2mail
> gateway scripts out there?

Mh, but for the future it's easier and better when mailman has a real gate_news
function, he? Like majordomo? So, I allways could try to write it in python,
but normal I prefer c, because it's faster. ;)

Bye
 Jonas

--
Black holes were created when God divided by 0.