[Mailman-Developers] What to do with a corrupt config.db?

J C Lawrence claw@2wire.com
Tue, 02 Oct 2001 14:19:21 -0700

On Tue, 2 Oct 2001 14:06:40 -0700 (PDT)
Aaron D Turner <aturner@pobox.com> wrote:

> I'm guessing it has to do with the upgrade I just did.  It seems
> to be mailman related as these seem to be the only corrupted files
> on the system that I can tell.

If you upgraded Mailman, ensure that the upgrade process also
upgraded the config.db's to the new format.  There's a command in
~/bin to do that.

> Heh, forgot about strings.  Yeah, that worked nicely.  No way to
> recover the passwords, but hey, at least I have my subscriber list
> again.

Yeah, I've been there (while tracking a nasty kernel bug that kept
whacking my filesystem).  Not I have cron jobs that email me the
results of ~/bin/dump_config.

--
J C Lawrence
claw@kanga.nu               He lived as a devil, eh?