[Mailman-Developers] German Umlauts in pipermail

Ben Burnett benwa@ocentrix.com
Fri, 5 Oct 2001 13:47:57 -0700

On Friday 05 October 2001 11:15 am, Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:
> On Thu, 2001-10-04 14:11:26 +0100, Mikhail Sobolev
> <mikhail.sobolev@transas.com>
>
> wrote in message <20011004141126.A13313@transas.co.uk>:
> > On Thu, Oct 04, 2001 at 01:54:41PM +0200, Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:
> > > +             ( '=E4',  '&auml;'        ),
> > > +             ( '=F6',  '&ouml;'        ),
> > >
> > > After I applied the above patch (and I really have absolutely
> > > no clue about python...), mailman archived all mails exactly
> > > as it did before... What do I miss?
> >
> > Are you sure this is going to work for other character sets?
>
> Despite on the, well, bogus way I'd like to build my archive, does
> anybody have a helpful hint for me?
>
> OTOH, I'd also like to start diskussion about doing all those
> substitutions of chars/=XX values ---> HTML escales on a per
> charset base. But - I'm totally new to python...

You may already know this, but there is a list to discuss Mailman multi-
language issues. I believe there are some others on the list that are working
on German translations and such.  Check it out at:

Mailman-i18n@python.org