[Mailman-Developers] Making the list archive URL configurable

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Wed, 10 Oct 2001 00:13:55 -0400

    MM> Is there a way to add the archive URL in the list options and
    MM> the UI (I thought about doint it, but I'm not too familiar
    MM> with the datbase compatibility issues and the problems with
    MM> adding a new field in the list options)

Does it have to be list specific?  I think not, but maybe I'm missing
something.

The RTTD is probably to make PUBLIC_ARCHIVE_URL a template string,
into which the list name will be interpolated, and then change things
so they use GetBaseArchiveURL() consistently.

That way you could just set PUBLIC_ARCHIVE_URL to
"http://www.geocrawler.com/redir-sf.php3?list=%(listname)s" in
mm_cfg.py and be done with it.

-Barry