[Mailman-Developers] importing mailman lists...

Ron Jarrell jarrell@vt.edu
Thu, 11 Oct 2001 15:40:56 -0400

At 03:06 PM 10/10/01 -0400, I wrote:

>I've been asked to serve a couple of lists on my production mm server (2.0.5)
>that are coming from a 1.0 server.  If I just accept a tar of the list directories,
>will a make update do the right thing, or am I screwed by the fact that the other
>lists have already been upgraded from 1.0 to 2.0.5 over the years?

I decided that I could hack update with some work to just forcibly do a 1.0 to
2.0.5 upgrade on just those lists... Or, plan B, which is what I actually ended up
doing because I figured it'd be faster, was set up another directory, grap the Release_1_0
cvs image, build and install that, drop the lists into it, then install the Release_2_5 image
on top of it, and let update do what it normally does...  Since I could do it all in the
background it took less of my real time than hacking the python would...