[Mailman-Developers] Re: handling duplicate mails

Ben Gertzfield che@debian.org
Wed, 17 Oct 2001 09:40:46 +0900

    David> Please, no. If a message goes to a list, I want to receive
    David> it from the list. That's critical to local archiving, and
    David> it has some effect on how a recipient perceives the message
    David> itself. I'd rather not get the direct cc:, actually, though
    David> of course there's no way for Mailman to affect that.

The patch I wrote made the duplicate suppression a per-user option,
and it's off by default.

Only people who don't know how to set up their mailer to suppress
duplicates locally should use it.

Ben

--
Brought to you by the letters C and X and the number 11.
"Wuzzle means to mix."