[Mailman-Developers] Reply-To: handling

Jay R. Ashworth jra@baylink.com
Sat, 20 Oct 2001 19:20:15 -0400

On Sat, Oct 20, 2001 at 01:47:54PM -0700, John W Baxter wrote:
> At 0:56 -0400 10/20/2001, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> >If multiple headers are not supported, then I submit that we should
> >assume that a multi address Reply-to may well be a bug in the spec;
> >other address headers may appear multiple times, may they not?
>
> No more a bug than the legal multi-address From: header.
> This was for something like a secretary sending a message "from" her boss
> and herself, IIRC.

I had been talking about mulitple headers; it appears *no* (address)
header may appear more than once.

As it happens, Mutt appears not to deal well at all with it: .88e
(which is what I can get mail to) just doesn't reply to anyone.

I have 1.2.5 on my laptop, but I can't conveniently get mail to it to
test.

Cheers,
-- jra

   "Usenet: it's enough to make you loose your mind."
     -- me