[Mailman-Developers] error in newlist

Bob Puff@NLE bob@nleaudio.com
Mon, 29 Oct 2001 23:26:47 -0500

I am getting the following error with 2.1a3 when trying to create a list:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./newlist", line 188, in ?
    main()
  File "./newlist", line 163, in main
    sys.modules[modname].create(mlist)
  File "/home/csc/mailman/Mailman/MTA/Postfix.py", line 122, in create
    db = dbhash.open(DBFILE, 'c')
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.2/dbhash.py", line 16, in open
    return bsddb.hashopen(file, flag, mode)
bsddb.error: (22, 'Invalid argument')

I am using Postfix, and have (had) the alias create thing turned on.
If I turn it off, everything works fine.

Another FWIW... in order to create the list aliases for servers that are running more than one domain, you also need to create the appropriate entries in the /etc/postfix/virtual file.  Yeah, I know, why don't you contribute that, Bob?  I just might, when things settle down here! <g>

Bob