[Mailman-Developers] Mailman CVS sends out Japanese template mails in EUC-JP

Ben Gertzfield che@debian.org
Fri, 07 Sep 2001 15:43:25 +0900

Looking at this problem some more, it seems that Mailman has changed
how system notification mails are sent quite a lot between 2.0 and
CVS.

Now they're inserted into a "virgin queue", which seems to not go
through the normal pipeline.  But I'd think at least the Content-Type:
header needs to be modified, as well as converting the contents of
the European internationalized mails to quoted-printable, before
sending out these kinds of messages.

How should we approach modifying the virgin queue?  I can hack in
conversion to ISO-2022-JP and adding the headers, but that seems wrong
somehow.  Maybe have each language supply its own special "incoming
mail charset conversion", "outgoing mail charset conversion", and
"header additions" modules?  I know Japanese needs to convert incoming
mails to EUC before they're archived, and back to ISO-2022-JP when
they go back out to the list.

Ben

--
Brought to you by the letters Y and D and the number 11.
"More testicles means more iron."