[Mailman-Developers] 2.0.x qrunner bug (bad one)

Jason R. Mastaler jason-list-mailman-developers@mastaler.com
Wed, 03 Apr 2002 22:21:41 -0700

barry@zope.com (Barry A. Warsaw) writes:

> So if a process handed qmail-smtpd a message without a Date: header,
> and it sends the message on to some remote smtpd without adding the
> Date: header, is that legal?  I guess you'd say because Qmail wasn't
> the originator of the message, it would be

Playing the qmail advocate, I'd probably say this, yes.

> but the remote smtpd would be within its rights to reject it.

Perhaps, but I still don't think this makes qmail's behavior illegal.
Given a rejected message, the trail of guilt would lead back to the
originating program, where the problem should be corrected.

--
(http://tmda.sourceforge.net/)