[Mailman-Developers] no such file config.pck updating to 2.1b1

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Sat, 6 Apr 2002 01:12:29 -0500

    >> You don't.  While the error message is misleading, your
    >> config.db file will be automatically updated to config.pck the
    >> first time you load your list (via web, qrunner, or command
    >> line script).

    RJ> Ah hah.  And you didn't believe me when I posted the comment a
    RJ> while back that it really shouldn't do that...

I apologize, because I don't remember that conversation.

But I don't see it as being much different than writing the config.db
file when we (used to) save.  We're just doing it in a more robust
data file format (marshal == bad, pickle == good).

-Barry