[Mailman-Developers] qrunner still broken

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 02:23:55 -0400

    BD> In case anyone is interested, my problem was that

    BD> /usr/lib/python2.1/lib-dynload/_weakref.so

    BD> was missing. weakref.py[c] was present in the parent lib
    BD> drectory.

Nasty.

    | This was a problem on SusE 7.3 with Python 2.1.1
    | (#1, Sep 24 2001, 05:28:47).

    BD> Does anyone know if this file is not part of python 2.1.1 or
    BD> did SusE miss something? I verified the python rpm and nothing
    BD> was missing off the disk.

    BD> Should the minimum, as opposed to recommended, requirements
    BD> for mailman be changed to 2.1.2+ ?

That file definitely gets build and installed when you use the Python
source distro.  Maybe the SuSE distribution is broken?

Try building Python from source (it's easy!) and see if that fixes
your problem.

You're experience wasn't for naught though.  I think the log message
should have included the exception that occurred, and I've fixed
qrunner to do that.
-Barry