[Mailman-Developers] problem with digest mode

Veronica Loell info@nakawe.se
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 21:23:21 +0200 (W. Europe Daylight Time)

Sorry for the format, but I thought it was easiest to send it like this.
We have encountered a problem that only appears in the digest-mode.
Regular mode and the archives work fine. This is a sourceforge list I
think it's mailman version 2.0.9-sf.net.

Since this only appears in digest and not in archiving etc, it does seem
like a bug. Please note that this is not about the header-subject-line.
This is the text in the body of the message. I know that I occasionally
have come across this, that is the chars being reported as unknown with
their hex-code, but I'm not all that knowledgable about why it happens.

- Veronica Loell
mindtrader@users.sourceforge.net

--------------------------------
Following is a copy of the bug-thread:
--------------------------------

Bugs item #545956, was opened at 2002-04-19 01:25
You can respond by visiting:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=3Ddetail&atid=3D100103&aid=3D545956&gr=
oup_id=3D103

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
We just started a list where we commicate in swedish and hence use =E5=E4=
=F6
from Latin-1. One of the members have choosen digest-mode and we have
discovered a problem. All our mails use latin-1, and in the non-digest
form and also in the archives all charachters are displayed
correctly. In digest form however, the letters =E4=E5=F6 are marked as
unknown, with their hex-numbers given.
I have tested this by
having both digest and non-digest delivered to me, using the same
mailer etc.

---------
Digest
---------