[Mailman-Developers] Comments on smart address matching?

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 18:55:56 -0400

I'm trying to decide what to do with this bug report by Chris Kolar:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=554287&group_id=103&atid=100103

SMART_ADDRESS_MATCH is gone in MM2.1 and I'm a bit loathe to add
something like this back.  I haven't seen nearly as many complaints
about this problem as in the early days, so maybe most sysadmins are
getting their act together.

No doubt problems like this are still cropping up, especially for
DIY'ers who run stealth mail servers, but I consider them
misconfigured.  Plus there's a perfectly good <wink> workaround:
subscribe both addresses and nomail one of them.  We know this will be
easier to do post-MM2.1.

So I'm inclined to close this bug as Wont Fix.  Opinions?
-Barry