[Mailman-Developers] Potential customer wants to pay for Mailman improvements

Norbert Bollow nb@cisto.com
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 19:25:56 +0200

J C Lawrence <claw@kanga.nu> wrote:

> > 1. Extending the web-based archives to a full web interface.  - in
> > other words, not just an archives but a website or page where
> > subscribers can read and respond to messages online, as with a
> > bulletin board.  (Both the web interface and the archives be closed to
> > members-only.)
>
>   1) Take the MHonArc/PHP-base archive setup I useand extend slightly to
>   support new messages as well as the replies it supports now and you'd
>   pretty well have that.

Is your code available under a free license?  What would you charge
for adapting it to the client's needs?

> > 2. Improve moderator functions, to support lists which are unmoderated
> > but new members are initially moderated, any members can be put under
> > moderation at any time without their knowing it, members can be
> > unsubscribed and banned.
>
> First blush suggests using an external membership roster via a plugin
> under Mailman 2.1 should get you this.

Again, I'd be interested in a specific quote (from anyone who has some
time for hacking on their hands :-)

(BTW is this getting off-topic for mailman-developers?  Maybe it
should be moved to private email?  In any case, I'll share the end
result with the list.)

Greetings, Norbert.

--
Founder & Steering Committee member of http://gnu.org/projects/dotgnu/