[Mailman-Developers] [ mailman-Bugs-427421 ] Configure script problem on Mac OS X.

noreply@sourceforge.net noreply@sourceforge.net
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 15:26:26 -0700

Bugs item #427421, was opened at 2001-05-25 17:04
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=427421&group_id=103

Category: configuring/installing
>Group: 2.0.x

Initial Comment:
I can't run configure on Mac OS X 10.0.3 (Darwin
1.3.3).

When I run it as root I get :

checking for --with-var-prefix... no
checking for --with-username... mailman
checking for mailman UID... ./configure:
permission denied: conftest.py [1152]
/usr/local/bin/python: can't open file 'conftest.py'
cat: conftest.out: No such file or directory

configure: error:
***** No "mailman" user found!
***** Your system must have a "mailman" user
defined
***** (usually in your /etc/passwd file).  Please see
the INSTALL
***** file for details.

And when I run it as a normal user ::

checking for --with-var-prefix... no
checking for --with-username... sh: setgroups:
Operation not permitted
thomas
checking for thomas UID... 501
checking for --with-groupname... mailman

Comment By: Deniau Thomas (thdeniau)