[Mailman-Developers] MHonArc integration

Anand Kumria wildfire at progsoc.uts.edu.au
Tue Dec 3 04:21:49 2002

On Wed, Nov 27, 2002 at 11:49:58PM -0800, Prakash Subramanian wrote:
> I am trying to use a simple method to include MHonArc archiver enabled
> with monthly archive functionality.  I found your script that does, but
> I am not sure how to use it.

Hi Prakash,

Actually you aren't the first person to mention that to me. I think you
are probably the 10th or so; and since that is a double digit it is time
to write some docs.

> I tried replacing ~mailman/Mailman/Archiver/HyperArch.py with your
> MHonArc.py but it gives the following error message.
>
> ~mailman/bin/arch mylist
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "/usr/local/mailman/bin/arch", line 43, in ?
>    from Mailman.Archiver.HyperArch import HyperArchive, Article
> ImportError: cannot import name Article

You don't actually want to do that instead you want to replace the
import directive. MHonArc doesn't imlpement the Article class -- I
haven't looked at it in detail to see if it is required.

> The method Article is been used by various script and I am not able to
> get rid of this .
>
> Please advice on how to use your script.

Well, nowl  that MHonArc is managing the archiving I've been using it
rather than the interface mailman provides. If you take a look at
version of the code and some setup instructions.

You may also find the set_list_pass script useful too.

> Another question,  why

I didn't find the pipermail archiving very appealing; I tried shell
scripts and they were a bit fragile. So I nutted this out over a number
of train trips to/from work.

Regards,
Anand

--
 `` We are shaped by our thoughts, we become what we think.
 When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never