[Mailman-Developers] [ mailman-Bugs-650711 ] add_members fails with specific address

noreply at sourceforge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Mon Dec 9 06:24:19 EST 2002

Bugs item #650711, was opened at 2002-12-09 06:23
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=650711&group_id=103

Category: command line scripts
Group: 2.1 beta

Initial Comment:
I am migrating from one list system to another, and in
the process of doing so I'm importing tens of thousands
of addresses using the command-line add_members utility.

Bug:

add_members reproducibly crashes when it gets to the
following obviously invalid e-mail address in the text
file I'm importing from:

----@---.---

Here is the error message:

[...]
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/mailman/bin/add_members", line 297, in ?
    main()
  File "/usr/local/mailman/bin/add_members", line 274,
in main
    addall(mlist, nmembers, 0, send_welcome_msg, s)
  File "/usr/local/mailman/bin/add_members", line 173,
in addall
    except MMHostileAddress:
NameError: global name 'MMHostileAddress' is not defined

If I remove the above dash-tastic address, the
add_members import succeeds.

I hope this helps! Mailman totally rocks! :)