[Mailman-Developers] Patching 2.0.13 for eVote

Peter C. Norton spacey-mailman at lenin.nu
Sat Dec 21 12:46:43 EST 2002

2.0.13 is released.  Just download the tarball.  You can easily make
diffs by doing the following:

tar -xzf mailman-2.0.13.tar gz
mv mailman-2.0.13-dist
tar -xzf mailman-2.0.13.tar gz # Yes, again

Then make your edits in the mailman-2.0.13 directory.  When you've got
everything working, then do a:

diff -u mailman-2.0.13-dist mailman-2.0.13 > mailman-evote.diff

This'll recurse through both directories create a patch file.

-Peter

On Sat, Dec 21, 2002 at 12:11:54PM -0800, Marilyn Davis wrote:
> Hi Mailman Developers,
>
> I'm trying to create a patch to 2.0.13 that makes eVote work.
>
> I'm afraid that I'm not experienced at making patches so I'm reading
> documentation and trying to figure out what to do.
>
> Clearly I should collect the 2.0.13 sources via CVS so I tried
> following the instructions at http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=103
> but I can't make it work:
>
> > $ cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@CVS.mailman.sourceforge.net:/CVSroot/mailman login
> > (Logging in to anonymous@CVS.mailman.sourceforge.net)
> > CVS password:
>
> > cvs login: authorization failed: server CVS.mailman.sourceforge.net rejected access
>
> Please tell me what I'm doing wrong.
>
> Also, if there is any documentation about this process that I should be
> studying, please point me there.
>
> Thank you for your help.
>
> Marilyn Davis

The 5 year plan:
In five years we'll make up another plan.
Or just re-use this one.