[Mailman-Developers] adding to list without confirmation

Ziad Sidawi ziad at wads.com
Wed Dec 18 12:58:08 EST 2002

Dear developers,
I would like to keep the confirmation part when someone subscribe thru
email.
However, is there a way where a special email can be send to the Mailman
where confirmation of the user is not required?

let me explain: I have a shopping cart program, and when a user completes
his order, I want to issue an email to subscribe this user to the mailing
list without having the mailing list sending the user an email to confirm.
On the same hand, I do not want to disable the functionality of confirmation
if a user tries to subscribe to the mailing list.

I have worked in the past with a mail list program, where emails with a
[password] in
the subject area, would be verified and if correct (pas for admin) then this
email is treated as coming from the admin, and hence the user is registered
without requiring confirmation email.

Any ideas?