[Mailman-Developers] Potential risk of VERP?

Peter C. Norton spacey-mailman@lenin.nu
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 12:20:28 -0800

On Tue, Feb 12, 2002 at 01:24:08PM -0500, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:
> - subscribe to some downstream reflector for a group,
>   e.g. foo@yahoogroups.com
>
> - purposely set your address to bounce
>
> - foo@yahoogroups.com gets disabled, thus shutting off a large list of
>   recipients.
>
> Or will/should yahoogroups rewrite the envelope sender for /its/
> downstream members?

Yeah.  Either they should play nice and re-propegate it as their own list
(forwarding messages to the list upstream to the real server) or play really
nice and just subscribe members to your list and implement the very good
x-verp smtp verb.

--
The 5 year plan:
In five years we'll make up another plan.