[Mailman-Developers] Exim setup and "mailman" local user vs. list

Ben Gertzfield che@debian.org
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 15:35:45 +0900

The INSTALL docs suggest that you create a "mailman" list where
all the password reminders will come from.

I did that on an exim system, then followed the instructions to
add sections to my exim.conf; most of the mailman-created aliases
are automatically then available, except for "mailman", since I
have a local user!

ben@list:~/src/mailman$ /usr/sbin/exim -v -bt mailman
mailman@list.interq.or.jp
  deliver to mailman in domain list.interq.or.jp
  director = localuser, transport = local_delivery

ben@list:~/src/mailman$ /usr/sbin/exim -v -bt mailman-request
user "mailman-request" for file existence test not found
mailman-request@list.interq.or.jp
  deliver to mailman in domain list.interq.or.jp
  director = mm21_director, transport = mm21_transport

ben@list:~/src/mailman$ /usr/sbin/exim -v -bt mailman-bounces
user "mailman-bounces" for file existence test not found
mailman-bounces@list.interq.or.jp
  deliver to mailman in domain list.interq.or.jp
  director = mm21_director, transport = mm21_transport

Should we add instructions to work around this, or should the
README.EXIM be changed?

Ben

--
Brought to you by the letters G and B and the number 7.
"A baloo is a bear."