[Mailman-Developers] Interesting study -- spam on posted addresses...

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui@plaidworks.com
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 10:17:58 -0800

On 2/20/02 9:45 AM, "Jay R. Ashworth" <jra@baylink.com> wrote:

>> While I'll happily tell the "I don't like cookies" people to get over it,
>
> Well, actually, there are still a couple browsers that don't *do*
> cookies.  2.8.3, I think, doesn't do persistence, yet.

My answer: get a real browser... (grin)

>> geeks tend not to think of, you start getting into issues of ADA compliance
>> issues, which is a non-trivial issue we haven't even started thinking about
>> here...
>
> Was thinking about that, yes.  :-)

Yeah. I'd really hate to see Mailman thrown out of, say, all usage in the US
government because it's not ADA compliant. If we want to turn Mailman into
the replacement defacto standard for majordomo, things like that can't
happen.

> Yeah, cost-benefit analyses are hell, ain't they?
>
> The whole topic is probably going to drve us all plaid...

Somedays, I think that's all I do any more...

--
Chuq Von Rospach (chuqui@plaidworks.com -- http://www.chuqui.com/)
Will Geek for hardware.

The Cliff's Notes Cliff's Notes on Hamlet:
    And they all died happily ever after