[Mailman-Developers] Interesting study -- spam on posted addresses...

Jay R. Ashworth jra@baylink.com
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 15:41:57 -0500

On Wed, Feb 20, 2002 at 10:17:58AM -0800, Chuq Von Rospach wrote:
> On 2/20/02 9:45 AM, "Jay R. Ashworth" <jra@baylink.com> wrote:
> >> While I'll happily tell the "I don't like cookies" people to get over it,
> >
> > Well, actually, there are still a couple browsers that don't *do*
> > cookies.  2.8.3, I think, doesn't do persistence, yet.
>
> My answer: get a real browser... (grin)

On behalf of vt102 lovers everywhere, "Hey!"

> >> geeks tend not to think of, you start getting into issues of ADA
> >> compliance issues, which is a non-trivial issue we haven't even
> >> started thinking about here...
> >
> > Was thinking about that, yes. :-)
>
> Yeah. I'd really hate to see Mailman thrown out of, say, all usage in
> the US government because it's not ADA compliant. If we want to turn
> Mailman into the replacement defacto standard for majordomo, things
> like that can't happen.

Egg-salad point.

> > Yeah, cost-benefit analyses are hell, ain't they?
> >
> > The whole topic is probably going to drve us all plaid...
>
> Somedays, I think that's all I do any more...

I can't *begin* to imagine why...

Cheers,
-- jra
Tampa Bay, Florida        http://baylink.pitas.com             +1 727 647 1274

   "If you don't have a dream; how're you gonna have a dream come true?"
     -- Captain Sensible, The Damned (from South Pacific's "Happy Talk")