[Mailman-Developers] my top 3 wishlist for mailman cvs

Marc MERLIN marc_news@vasoftware.com
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 00:38:04 -0800

On Sun, Jan 06, 2002 at 03:00:05AM -0500, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:
> I've added a new configuration variable to Defaults.py.in, called
> ALLOW_SITE_ADMIN_COOKIES.  Set this to true and authenticating to a
> list admin login page with the site password, and Mailman will drop a
> cookie representing the site authentication.  Thus, authenticate once
> and you can get into every list.  The default value of this variable
> is 0.
>
> -Barry

I had to clear  some of my cookies for the site in  question, but after that
it worked fine. Thanks.

I also  had to get  back to you  as to whether  a mailman upgrade  broke the
exisiting crypted admin passwords.
While the upgrade  of one my of my  sites to mm 2.1a3 seemed  to have broken
that,  I just  checked that  the upgrade  of another  site I  just completed
didn't cause problems and the old passwords worked.

Thanks,
Marc