[Mailman-Developers] Interesting study -- spam on postedaddresses...

John Morton jwm@plain.co.nz
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 18:48:50 +1300

On Friday 22 February 2002 18:36, Dale Newfield wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Feb 2002, John Morton wrote:
> > The best we can do here is implement something simple now that gets the
> > job done, and continuously test it to see if it's still good enough.
> > When it's not, we build another countermeasure.
>
> I completely disagree.  You argue for job security.  I argue for better
> software.  Temporary solutions are not solutions.

Ok. Show me a solution that will protect list administrator addresses and
publicly accessable list archives from email harvesting, while allowing
list subscribers and members of the public the ability to contact the list
admin in the event of a list related problem and allowing them to contact
an individual personally in response to some message in the archive. The
solution must not penalize text only web browser users, or the disabled, nor
should it open up any other vectors for unsolicited mass emailing.

I'd really like to see one.

John