[Mailman-Developers] Interesting study -- spam on postedaddresses...

Jay R. Ashworth jra@baylink.com
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 13:05:11 -0500

On Mon, Feb 25, 2002 at 12:32:44PM -0500, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:
>     >> practice well enough.  I.e. should the presence of
>     >> the message?
>
>     JRA> This depends on which side of the "enabler" argument,
>     JRA> discussed ad nauseum last week, you come down on.  :-)
>
> For this particular issue, I'm happy to make it really easy for folks
> to make sure their article is not archived, even though I hope most
> people won't avail themselves of this (it harms public discourse).  I
> can't imagine any other useful value for X-No-Archive: though, so I
> tend to think the value should be ignored.

And worse, when people *quote* you, it doesn't track; I tend to think
it's worse than useless (in the false sense of security sense) myself,
but in for a penny, in for a pound, I guess... yeah, I'd ignore the
argument.

Cheers,
-- jra
Tampa Bay, Florida        http://baylink.pitas.com             +1 727 647 1274

   "If you don't have a dream; how're you gonna have a dream come true?"
     -- Captain Sensible, The Damned (from South Pacific's "Happy Talk")