[Mailman-Developers] Protecting email addresses from spam harvesters

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 00:58:30 -0500

    BAW> I'd do the same with cookies if I could figure out how to do
    BAW> low-frustration-factor authentication without them.

    SJT> Don't even think such things.  You're just tempting the Lords
    SJT> of Chaos.  Ie, in this case, if you can't support HTTP well
    SJT> enough to handle cookies, you aren't going to support
    SJT> anything powerful enough for any kind of authentication very
    SJT> well either.  It's just not the same as supporting
    SJT> multimedia.

Yeah, it's just that I generally hate cookies too.  But there's not
much value in debating this.  It is what it is.

    BAW> 5) list rosters

    SJT> I don't know of any lists where these are available to the
    SJT> members, let alone the public.

If you only knew, you might be horrified (I know Chuq would be).

-Barry